New & Potential Relationships
If you are interested in a relation that lasts, you can consider the following:
1. Get to know the other person and what really matters to him or her (values and interests).
2. Recall what went wrong in your last relationship and the alternatives.
3. Be honest about how you feel and what you want.
4. Try building a friendship over six months or more.
5. Take care of yourself and your happiness during the relationship.
6. Discuss what a mutually satisfying partnership would be like in detail.
7. Negotiate agreements about your respective roles.